The bigger the community of like-minded people, the more persuasive and powerful it is! That is why we are working hard to build a tight community that will be able to influence and change the wider society.
There are different ways in which you can get involved and support “homo ecos:” in building a greener society. You can become our follower, volunteer, member or sponsor.
Your benefits as a follower:
- be part of a strong community of environmental activists;
- meet inspiring people with similar world views;
- participate in events organized by “homo ecos:”;
- stay informed about discussions, lectures and movie nights organized by “homo ecos:”;
- receive our monthly newsletter on current environmental topics;
- suggest, plan and execute your own event or project together with “homo ecos:”.
How do you become our follower?
Anybody who shares “homo ecos:”’s goals can become our follower by filling out this short questionnaire.
Your benefits as our volunteer:
- gain new friends and contacts through networking opportunities during our events;
- gain experience in executing projects;
- gain experience in running “homo ecos:” workshops;
- participate in our brainstorming sessions to determine which direction “homo ecos:” should be heading in;
- enjoy the satisfaction of achieving your/our goals;
- an official certificate indicating the tasks you did and hours you worked as a volunteer for “homo ecos:”.
How do you become a volunteer for “homo ecos:”?
Anybody can become our volunteer by filling out this short questionnaire. We will invite you to come meet us or join one of our activities within two weeks.
Your benefits as a member of “homo ecos:”
- awareness that you have contributed to educating the Latvian society about environmental and green lifestyle issues;
- receive free consultations and advice on issues related to environment and green lifestyle;
- connect with experts and people in our network;
- cooperate with other organizations in order to achieve “homo ecos:” goals;
- be affiliated with one of the best known environmental organizations in Latvia;
- participate in the general meetings of “homo ecos:”, proposing topics of discussion and influencing the association’s course of action;
- all membership benefits and opportunities provided by the law.
How to become our member?
Any private individual or legal entity may become a member of “homo ecos:” by filling out and submitting the following application form and paying a one-time subscription fee of 143,15 Euros and yearly membership fee of 171,78 Euros.
By sponsoring to “homo ecos:”, you support:
- Green Floor and other interesting events related to green lifestyle;
- informing and educating children and adults about current global environmental issues;
- workshops that promote zero waste, such as Repair Cafe;
- collaborative projects with companies and organisation, for instance to promote sustainable event management and green offices;
- the annual social campaign ”Latvia – The Greenest Country in the World?”, which this year is about food packaging;
- the weekly “homo ecos:” radio broadcast on radio pieci.lv (every Tuesday from 11:30 to 12:00).
How can I sponsor “homo ecos:”?
Any private individual or legal entity can donate to Society “homo ecos:”.