“Climate Witnesses” is the story of the search for evidence of climate change in Latvia. It’s the story of changes in animal populations, plant diversity and natural cycles. But most importantly it is the story of people who live in harmony with nature – watching that nature change around them and learning to live with those changes. The heroes of these stories rarely use the term ‘climate change’ or ‘global warming’ themselves, but rather tell us about the places where they live and work.
- Daugavpils, Mark Rothko art center from 16 February until 4 March. Opening event on 19 February at 16:00.
- Jelgava, Latvian university of agriculture, foyer (Jelgavas pils, Liela iela 2) from 7 until 18 March. Opening event on 8 March at 11:30.
- Valmiera, Vidzemes university of applied sciences (Terbatas iela 10) from 21 March until 4 April. Opening event on 22 March at 17:30.
- Liepaja Liepaja university from 5 until 15 April. Opening event on 5 April at 16:00.
- Rīga from 18 until 30 April. Venue to be confirmed.
The photo exhibition “Climate Witnesses” is part of the project “Climate Change in Latvia – challenge or opportunity?”. The project is carried out by Biedrība “homo ecos:”, in collaboration with Norwegian environmental organisation GRID-Arendal - www.grida.no. The project is co-funded by EEA Grants - eeagrants.org.